What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and company name where applicable
- Contact information including email address and contact numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Billing and Delivery Addresses
- Encrypted credit/debit card details
ITC uses personal information such as this to process any of your orders and to communicate with you during and after your order.
What we do with the information we gather
ITC uses your personal information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and to tailor promotional offers to you. Credit/Debit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention, we will not keep this information for any longer than is required for us to carry out a transaction.
We only ask for personal information that we require to conduct our business with you, we do not ask for anything that we do not require to carry out our business.
We keep a record of your email communications to us to build up an overview of your requirements, this will enable us to improve our service.
Your telephone calls to us may be recorded and monitored for quality control and training purposes.
The only instances where we share your information with a third party are as follows:
- With payment service providers such as WorldPay
- With official fraud prevention agencies
- If we need to share your data with any other third parties other than the ones mentioned we will always contact you to ask your permission first.
We do this to assist us in providing a service to you, we provide these third parties with only enough information to conduct their duties.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As a company that deal over the internet we understand there are concerns with security of information when conducting transaction online. We will only ever use your information to conduct transactions and to contact you with our special offers. We have in place both physical, technological and managerial safeguards to ensure the data you provide us with stays safe and goes no further than it needs to.
Credit card details collected on this website are used only for processing payments and are not used for any other purposes. They are held securely and are not fully visible to our staff. As outlined previously we use WorldPay to process our payments which is highly secure as standard. Your card details are not stored beyond the completion of your order. We are PCIDSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or its content or T&C’s. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Occasionally it is necessary for us to contact you with reference to an order or query with your account. If we do need to do this we will do it using the contact details you have provided us with. Generally we will either e-mail or telephone you.
We like to keep in touch with you and keep you informed with our latest deals and promotions. Receiving this news letter is optional. You can deselect/unsubscribe to the news letter in your account setting. Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01277 355222 to unsubscribe. If you wish to unsubscribe by e-mail or phone we will need your name, address, and contact details. We may also ask for your user account number.
Access to and accuracy of your information
ITC will always do their best to ensure any information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can at any time contact us to check the information we hold about you is correct and up to date. The best way to check this is to email us with your correct details and check if they match what we have on records. This ensures spelling mistakes and errors in translation are kept to a minimum.